These roasted Sriracha pumpkin seeds pack a kick and are one of our favorites really packing some awesome healthful benefits. As always, adjust the spices to your liking and enjoy!
Roasted Sriracha Pumpkin Seeds [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups or so from one medium sized pumpkin (cleaned and washed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Spread an even layer of the plain, clean pumpkin seeds out and roast them (this helps to dry them out and roast nicely) for 15 minutes.
- While roasting, combine your olive oil, sriracha, maple syrup, cumin, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, vinegar and salt into a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Then add the dried out pumpkin seeds. Mix to coat them well and then spread them back out in a single layer on your cookie sheet.
- These will bake for 20-30 minutes. About 15 minutes in, give them a good toss.
- They will be a bit sticky but will firm up once cooled.
- Check on them around the 20 minute mark – if they aren’t golden brown keep them in and keep a watchful eye.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet. If not consuming right away, store in a tupperware container.