These cauliflower dish is super flavorful! Thick cauli steaks are rubbed in garlicky oil, sprinkled with pepper, and then topped with hearty Adzuki beans. Healthy and filling.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks With Adzuki Beans and Garlic Dressing [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower Steaks:
- dried Adzuki beans
- 2 cauliflower heads, leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- A pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Put beans in a large bowl, cover with water, and set aside to let soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Put olive oil, grated ginger, chopped garlic, lime juice, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper into a bowl and whisk to make a dressing.
- Drain beans and put in a large pot with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 45-60 minutes. Drain and toss with the dressing. Set aside to let cool completely.
- Put a griddle pan on a high heat. Cut the cauliflower vertically into wide slabs. Rub the slices in oil and season. Grill in batches for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, until lightly toasted and tender in the middle. Transfer to a warm place and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Lay the cauliflowers on plates, spoon over the Adzuki beans, and scatter on the parsley.