These rice crispy mummies are a necessity for your Halloween party for a few reasons. One, they're quick and easy to make — no baking necessary. Two, they're gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and can be made gluten-free if you swap the puffed rice for puffed quinoa. Three, they're adorable! The white chocolate coating is easy to drizzle to look like "mummy wrappers," so you don't need to be a professional (or amateur) baker to make them look amazing.
Rice Crispy Mummies With White Chocolate Coating [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Rice Crispy:
- 1 cup puffed rice or puffed quinoa to make it grain-free
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
For the White Chocolate Coating:
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Decoration:
- Vegan chocolate chips, for the eyes
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients. Press the filling mixture in the lined container or use silicone moulds. Pop in the freezer to set.
- Mix all the white chocolate coating ingredients in a clean mixing bowl.
- Once the filling is set, cut into small pieces and dunk them in the white chocolate coating. Pop back in the freezer.
- Once the coating is set, repeat.
- Use chocolate chips as eyes and drizzle the remaining white chocolate coating over the Halloween rice crispies to make them look like mini mummies.