Your search for the perfect Halloween cocktail officially ends here. Congratulations! This luminous libation is easy to make and possesses a deep blood-red hue that will look frighteningly stylish in your hand at this year’s Halloween gala. Made with pure unsweetened pomegranate juice, fresh grapefruit, cucumber, lime, your favorite silver rum, and garnished with a blood orange slice, this haunting combination also contains a few secret ingredients. For those that are afraid of beets, don’t be scared, this bright Halloween cocktail may contain a few, but it is terrifyingly tangy and refreshing, and filled with the flavor of fresh citrus. Make this simple batch cocktail before your next party and your guests will be screaming with delight.
Redrum Punch [Vegan]
- 2 cups beet juice (about 4 large beets)
- 1 cup carrot juice (about 4 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup cucumber juice (about 1 medium cucumber)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (about 1 large grapefruit)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (about 6-8 limes)
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups silver rum
- Blood orange slices, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients in a pitcher or decanter. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Stir well before pouring, then serve over ice, garnished with a slice of blood orange.
To juice the vegetables: either use an electric juicer, or purée them in a blender then filter the purée through a nut milk bag or few layers of cheesecloth to remove the pulp.