This stuff is amazing. And now I am obsessed with Sazon! I bet you will too after you make this soup. You can use it to season rice, potatoes, or tofu, too.
Red Lentil Spinach Soup [Vegan]
- 1/2 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 rib celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried vegetable broth powder (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon Sazon seasoning
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups filtered water (add more if the soup seems too thick)
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- Dice the onion, slice the carrot into rounds, cut the celery into a similar size as the carrot, and press the garlic. Water or oil sauté until the vegetables become fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste, dried vegetable broth powder, if using, and Sazon seasoning and toss to coat.
- Add the red lentils and water and cook until the lentils are soft and edible.
- Add the spinach and let it wilt. Serve with slices of lemon and an extra shake of Sazon for extra prettiness. Enjoy!