We bet you've never eaten a burger with fruit in it! Change that with this deliciously unique burger made with red lentils, pistachios, and apricots. It's rich flavor and subtle sweetness goes perfectly with the bold curry sauce. Best part is this burger can be made with just six ingredients!
Red Lentil Burger, Featuring a Yummy Secret Ingredient [Vegan]
For the Patties:
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked
- 1/2 cup pistachios peeled
- 4 soft apricots chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons of curry sauce (optional)
For the Curry Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- Cook the lentils according to instructions.
- Prepare the curry sauce by whisking together vegan mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Peel the pistachios and chop the soft apricots. Transfer to a blender or food processor together with the red lentils. Pulse until you get a chunky mixture. Add breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Form patties and either fry with a little oil or bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.