These quesadillas are a unique meal! Savory and sweet at the same time. You're going to love these.
Spinach Quesadillas with Strawberry-Spring Onion Salsa [Vegan]
Vegan Strawberry-Spring Onion Salsa
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one-half of a lime (I heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave and then roll it on the counter before slicing and squeezing in order to extract the most juice)
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoon natural sugar (to balance acids)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Super-Simple Vegan Spinach Quesadillas
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Make quesadillas two at a time: spray a large cast-iron skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high.
- Place 1/4 of the spinach on half of each tortilla, sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of nutritional yeast each, fold over and grill two at a time, flat sides facing each other, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasty.
- ≠Serve each quesadilla immediately topped with 1/4 of the salsa, 1 tablespoon of vegan sour cream, and 1 tablespoon pepitas.
Optional: finely minced seeded jalapeno to taste (I would have used a little, but didn't have any on hand) Make salsa first so that flavors can marry: combine all salsa ingredients in a small non-reactive bowl and set aside.