These quesadillas are a unique meal! Savory and sweet at the same time. You're going to love these.
Spinach Quesadillas with Strawberry-Spring Onion Salsa [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spinach Quesadillas with Strawberry-Spring Onion Salsa [Vegan]
Vegan Strawberry-Spring Onion Salsa
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one-half of a lime (I heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave and then roll it on the counter before slicing and squeezing in order to extract the most juice)
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoon natural sugar (to balance acids)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Super-Simple Vegan Spinach Quesadillas
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
How to Prepare Spinach Quesadillas with Strawberry-Spring Onion Salsa [Vegan]
- Make quesadillas two at a time: spray a large cast-iron skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high.
- Place 1/4 of the spinach on half of each tortilla, sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of nutritional yeast each, fold over and grill two at a time, flat sides facing each other, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasty.
- ≠Serve each quesadilla immediately topped with 1/4 of the salsa, 1 tablespoon of vegan sour cream, and 1 tablespoon pepitas.
Optional: finely minced seeded jalapeno to taste (I would have used a little, but didn't have any on hand) Make salsa first so that flavors can marry: combine all salsa ingredients in a small non-reactive bowl and set aside.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.