It is Valentine's day or a special day. The person you love, is on their way home, and you forgot to plan something special! Dont worry. This Chocolate cake, is something that you can whip up in... One minute! And you know what is so great about it. If it doesn't come out perfect, say it ends up a bit gooey, you can top with some non dairy whipped cream and melted chocolate and call it a pudding or a Chocolate hot pot! With almonds and oats, spices and cocoa, even the batter tastes delicious. You can make your own variations with different spices, orange zest, chocolate chips and such. If you use some other nuts or flour, add the wet ingredients a teaspoon at a time to get a thick batter. The batter should not be too runny. Different grains, nuts , flours absorb liquid differently.
One-Minute Spiced Chocolate Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free oats, ground
- 1 Tablespoon Almond, ground (raw almonds, freshly ground)
- 1.5 teaspoons cocoa powder. a half tsp more if you like it dark
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar, ground (Use a tsp more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil and a few drops for greasing
- Spices of choice (I used a generous pinch of clove powder and ginger powder)
- 2 teaspoons plain coconut milk yogurt. (or any non dairy yogurt, you might need a smidgen less or more depending on the consistency of the yogurt)
- Whisk all the dry ingredients very well.
- Mix the oil and yogurt and whisk to remove lumps, add this to the dry ingredients and mix till well combined and like a muffin batter. If it is too dry, add a drop or 2 of yogurt. Try to not make the batter too wet.
- Grease a ramekin well if you want to remove the cake and serve.
- Drop this batter into a tiny ramekin or small thick ceramic espresso cup.
- Microwave on high power for 40-50 seconds. (depends on the size of the ramekin. deep and tall will need more time)
- Let it cool completely before trying to remove from ramekin. or cool for atleast 5 minutes before digging in.
- For variations: Add chocolate chips to the batter. or some orange zest.
- Top with powdered sugar or melted chocolate or vegan vanilla ice cream.