This soup is a beautiful color that's cheerful any time of year. Meatier tomatoes, such as Romas, make a thicker soup and are ideal if you can find them. If not, just look for the freshest tomato available. It's also fairly economical, costing about $2.70 per serving.
Raw Tomato Red Pepper Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Tomato Red Pepper Soup [Vegan]
- 3 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 dates
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
How to Prepare Raw Tomato Red Pepper Soup [Vegan]
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes, red pepper, carrots, tahini, dates, chipotle, and lime juice until very smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with minced celery and add a little swirl of olive oil, if desired.
- Warm gently over stove, if desired.
If you like a thicker and even bolder soup, put the quartered tomatoes and chopped red peppers in the dehydrator for an hour or so before making the soup!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Fat - 15g Carbs - 26g Protein - 10gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.