These fluffy blueberry waffles are great for breakfast, topped with vegan butter and maple or agave syrup, but I also love them as a dessert topped with vegan vanilla ice cream. Another plus is that they are very easy to make!
Fluffy Blueberry Waffles [Vegan]
- 2 cups whole wheat all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the baking powder and the salt.
- In another mixing bowl mix the applesauce, agave nectar, soy milk and olive oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just mixed.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Pour batter into waffle maker and follow the manufacture's instructions