This raw, gluten-free cheesecake is the perfect combination of dreamy, white coconut cream layer topped with a sweet, pink lingonberry layer. The base is made from sunflower seeds, desiccated coconut, and dates, making it also completely nut-free. The balance of the flavors create a heavenly delicious, melt-in-your-mouth experience in the form of beautiful layer cake.
Raw Vanilla Lingonberry Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut flakes
- 7 ounces fresh pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed virgin coconut oil
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 13.66-ounce cans (total 2 cups) coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup lingonberries
For the Base:
- Place the sunflower seeds and coconut flakes into a blender/food processor and pulse until grainy mixture forms.
- Add the pitted dates and melted coconut oil and continue pulsing until combined/mixed. Line a 7-inch cake pan with parchment paper and spread the base mixture evenly on the bottom. Transfer to the freezer.
To Make the Cheesecake:
- Carefully open the coconut cream cans and scoop out only the thick part. Place into a blender/food processor with the lemon juice, agave nectar/maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and banana. Blend until smooth and even. Scoop half of the mixture into the cake pan on top of the bottom and transfer to freezer.
- Add the lingonberries into the remaining half of the cake mixture, blend until even. Make sure the first layer has fully set before adding the next one to stop the layers from getting mixed up. Transfer to the freezer overnight, or at least for 4-5 hours. Take out of the freezer to defrost for one hour before serving.