Romesco sauce is a Spanish sauce made from red peppers and almonds. While this sauce was originally created to be served with fish or pasta, it can easily be converted into a soup! Since it all comes together in a blender, this dish can be made in literally seconds and is completely raw. Serve yourself a big bowl of these tomato-y soup or try it over some zucchini noodles.
Raw Romesco Soup [Vegan]
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large tomato or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Blend all of the ingredients, minus the salt, olive oil, and basil, in a blender until completely smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature as a raw soup, or, if desired, gently warm the soup on the stove.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and basil leaves.