These ice cream sandwiches are going to blow your mind, improve your life, and impress your friends – plus they're super easy to make. The simple raw peanut butter cookies are fudgy rich but the elegant banana and beat ice cream is what makes these cookie sandwiches works of art. These are the perfect treat to cool off with on a hot day.
Raw Peanut Butter Cookies With Beet Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookies:
- 2/5 cups buckwheat
- .7 ounces coconut flakes
- 8 teaspoons gluten-free oats
- 5-6 Medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter
For the Filling:
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 beet, cooked until soft and processed into juice
- Coconut milk
- Sweetener of your choice
- Place all the ingredients for the cookies in a food processor and pulse them until a dough comes together.
- Form the dough into little balls and press them down on a sheet. Keep the cookies in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Afterwards mix the frozen bananas and beetroot juice together.
- Add the coconut milk and your sweetener to taste but be sure to go easy on the coconut milk as you don't want to make the filling too thin.
- Place one teaspoon of the filling on the chilled raw cookies, press one on top of each other and then repeat this with the other cookies.
- Place them in the refrigerator until you want to eat them.