Who could have ever guessed that chocolate and matcha taste so good together? This raw dessert combines a chocolatey crust with a smooth matcha flavor. You'll love the earthiness of the matcha powder combined with dark chocolate and tart pomegranate seeds.
Raw Matcha Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Cups [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar or raw agave nectar
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 4 tablespoons filtered water
- About 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Set 12 foil cups out, and fill them 1/2 full with chocolate. Set in the freezer until hard (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, stir together coconut butter, coconut nectar, matcha powder, and water until well blended (it will be thick, like raw fudge).
- Spoon the matcha layer over the top of the chocolate, and smooth the top with an offset spatula or a knife. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and press in.
- Place in the freezer to set, about 15 minutes. Store extra in the fridge.