Ceviche is a popular dish in the coastal regions of Latin America. This reinvented ceviche uses hearts of palm, a plant that has the perfect texture for replacing seafood. This super fresh, flavorful ceviche is perfect for sharing with family or a group of friends. Just serve it alongside a bowl of lettuce with tortillas to make tacos or burritos!
Raw Hearts of Palm and Jicama Ceviche [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Hearts of Palm and Jicama Ceviche [Vegan]
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and cubed
- 1 tomato, finely chopped or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 hearts of palm, canned, finely chopped
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large avocado, or 1 small, cubed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Raw Hearts of Palm and Jicama Ceviche [Vegan]
- Mix jicama, hearts of palm, jalapeño pepper, red onion, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Let it sit in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to let it absorb the flavors. Add sea salt to taste, if desired.
- Remove from fridge and add avocado, mix well and serve over tostadas or lettuce leaves.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.