These Raw Dark Chocolate Healthy Brownies are made with cocoa powder, ground flaxseed, peanut butter powder, soft pitted dates, and organic blue agave! Which means no gluten and no refined-sugar, yet oh-so-yummy!
Raw Dark Chocolate Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Dark Chocolate Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2/3 cup finely ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons organic blue agave
- 1/3 cup organic blue agave
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao nibs
For the Frosting:
How to Prepare Raw Dark Chocolate Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak pitted dates in bowl of water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add finely ground flax seeds to food processor, followed by cocoa powder, peanut butter powder and sea salt.
- Once dates have soaked and are soft, drain water and add to dry ingredients in food processor along with vanilla extract.
- Process on high, occasionally stopping to push down the sides, until dough sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with a light layer of nonstick oil.
- Add brownie dough to the pan and press it down firmly using a spatula.
- For the chocolate frosting, combine blue agave syrup, cocoa powder and peanut butter powder in a bowl, stir with a whisk until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Spread frosting over the pressed brownies, sprinkle with cacao nibs and put the pan into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve! Store leftovers in refrigerator or freezer .
If you don't have organic blue agave, you can easily substitute with organic maple syrup. Deglet dates are smaller than Medjool, either are fine for this recipe, however you'll need fewer Medjool dates if you go that route. Just measure out approximately 1 1/2 cups of whichever dates you choose. The chocolate flavor is rich and somewhat overpowers the peanut butter in these brownies, if you want to increase the peanut butter flavor, try adding 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter to frosting mix.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 140 | Carbs: 24 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 83 mg | Sugar: 17 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.