These delightful, raw truffles are the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth this Easter without feeling too guilty about it. The elegant dark chocolate shell is filled with a luxurious date caramel and then coated with some chopped almonds.
Raw Chocolate Easter Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Chocolate Easter Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup tempered raw cacao paste
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup light agave, dark agave, or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kalahari or Celtic sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
How to Prepare Raw Chocolate Easter Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Filling:
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until they're sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer to cool while preparing the chocolate.
- Chop or blend some almonds to add to the coating at the end.
To Make the Coating:
- In a glass or ceramic bowl gently melt the cocoa paste, cocoa butter, agave, salt, and vanilla at low temperature.
- Stir the mix thoroughly until nice and glossy then allow to cool until it's nice and thick but still warm enough and runny enough to dip the cold balls in.
- Dip each ball into the mix individually then remove them with a fork so that the excess can drip off before rolling them in the crushed almonds.
- Place the balls onto baking paper and repeat until you have used all the balls.
- Refrigerate them until they're firm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.