These delightful, raw truffles are the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth this Easter without feeling too guilty about it. The elegant dark chocolate shell is filled with a luxurious date caramel and then coated with some chopped almonds.
Raw Chocolate Easter Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup tempered raw cacao paste
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup light agave, dark agave, or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kalahari or Celtic sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
To Make the Filling:
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until they're sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer to cool while preparing the chocolate.
- Chop or blend some almonds to add to the coating at the end.
To Make the Coating:
- In a glass or ceramic bowl gently melt the cocoa paste, cocoa butter, agave, salt, and vanilla at low temperature.
- Stir the mix thoroughly until nice and glossy then allow to cool until it's nice and thick but still warm enough and runny enough to dip the cold balls in.
- Dip each ball into the mix individually then remove them with a fork so that the excess can drip off before rolling them in the crushed almonds.
- Place the balls onto baking paper and repeat until you have used all the balls.
- Refrigerate them until they're firm.