This decadent tart is comprised of a silky-smooth chocolate mouse that is flecked with ripe cherries and sandwiched between a chocolate walnut crust that is mind-blowingly good. It's the perfect dessert to break out for a special occasion and store wonderfully in the refrigerator.
Raw Chocolate and Cherry Mousse Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust and Crumble Topping:
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, melted in a double boiler
- 1 cup dates
- 3 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
For the Filling:
- 2 large avocados
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons raw cocoa
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted in a double boiler
- Blend all the ingredients for the top and bottom layer in a food processor.
- Split the dough into two parts.
- Press half the dough into the bottom of your pie mold and press it down with your fingertips.
- Put the mold into the freezer.
- During this time, prepare the chocolate mousse. Place all of the ingredients for the mousse, except cherries, into a food processor and blend them into a homogeneous mass.
- At the end, add cherries halves and gently mix them by hand.
- Set the mouse at the center of one of the molds but leave the edges clear.
- Place the second mold over the top and place the whole thing in the freezer for about 30 minutes.