This pie is a peanut butter lover's dream. The nutty crust is topped with a layer of peanut butter and then finished off with a peanut and caramel topping and garnished with walnuts.
Raw Caramel Peanut Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
For the Topping:
- 6 heaped tablespoons peanut butter (separated)
- 1/2 cup dates
- Make the base by adding all of the base ingredients into a food processor, and blending them until all of the nuts have broken down and a shortbread-like dough has formed.
- Scoop this out of the processor, and press it into a small cake tin.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of peanut butter over the base until it's completely covered. You can use more if you want, depending on how much of a thick layer and peanutty taste you want.
- Next, make the peanut caramel top by combining its ingredients in a food processor and blending them until the dates have broken down.
- Spread this on top of the peanut butter, and to finish, sprinkle with some extra walnut pieces.
- Place this in the fridge and set for about 30 minutes.