These 100 percent naturally sweetened bars taste like brownies, but are guilt-free! You can switch up the nuts, but I prefer using walnuts and almonds, as they are mild tasting.
Raw Brownie Bars [Vegan, Raw]
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons pitted Medjool dates, firmly packed
- 1 cup raw nuts (this recipe uses almonds and walnuts)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup nondairy chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch square pan or loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-spend blender or food processor, add the nuts and blend until a crumbly texture remains.
- Add the dates and cocoa powder and blend until a thick batter remains. Regularly scrape down the sides with a spatula to ensure the mixture is fully incorporated. If your batter is still too thick, add a little water or liquid of choice to make it softer. Add the chocolate chips and mix through.
- Transfer the batter into the lined pan and press firmly into place. Refrigerate until firm and then cut into 12 bars.
If your dates are too firm, allow to soak in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes.