Have you tried blue spirulina yet? Like regular spirulina, it is a great addition to smoothies and raw desserts, only instead of an algae green, it gives everything a kiss of bright blue color. In this simple smoothie, frozen raspberries are blended with banana, then banana is blended with blue spirulina and poured on top in order to create a bright, colorful, two-tiered sweet treat. Not only does it taste great, it looks gorgeous, too!
Raspberry and Blue Spirulina Smoothie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 bananas (not frozen)
- 3 caps of blue spirulina
- Pour 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk into a blender. Blend with 1 fresh banana.
- Pour a little less than half of the banana almond milk smoothie into a cup.
- With the half of the smoothie still in the blender, add 1 cup of frozen raspberry. Blend until smooth, then pour the raspberry smoothie into a cup.
- Rinse the blender and pour the banana/almond milk smoothie back into the blender. Add 1 fresh banana and empty three spirulina caps into the blend. Blend until smooth.
- Layer the blue smoothie and the raspberry smoothie in a cup.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Green Papaya Powder is a very effective natural aid to digestion. Enzymes are critical in life; they are the body\’s labor force. Green Papaya contains the enzyme papain a protein –digesting enzyme and is a great addition to a healthy smoothie. See http://www.royaltropics.com. https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Tropics-Natural-Digestive-Papain/dp/B00A1MQ4K2.
Love this recipe . Blue spirulina is amazing