Have you tried blue spirulina yet? Like regular spirulina, it is a great addition to smoothies and raw desserts, only instead of an algae green, it gives everything a kiss of bright blue color. In this simple smoothie, frozen raspberries are blended with banana, then banana is blended with blue spirulina and poured on top in order to create a bright, colorful, two-tiered sweet treat. Not only does it taste great, it looks gorgeous, too!
Raspberry and Blue Spirulina Smoothie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raspberry and Blue Spirulina Smoothie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 bananas (not frozen)
- 3 caps of blue spirulina
How to Prepare Raspberry and Blue Spirulina Smoothie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Pour 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk into a blender. Blend with 1 fresh banana.
- Pour a little less than half of the banana almond milk smoothie into a cup.
- With the half of the smoothie still in the blender, add 1 cup of frozen raspberry. Blend until smooth, then pour the raspberry smoothie into a cup.
- Rinse the blender and pour the banana/almond milk smoothie back into the blender. Add 1 fresh banana and empty three spirulina caps into the blend. Blend until smooth.
- Layer the blue smoothie and the raspberry smoothie in a cup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.