Have you tried blue spirulina yet? Like regular spirulina, it is a great addition to smoothies and raw desserts, only instead of an algae green, it gives everything a kiss of bright blue color. In this simple smoothie, frozen raspberries are blended with banana, then banana is blended with blue spirulina and poured on top in order to create a bright, colorful, two-tiered sweet treat. Not only does it taste great, it looks gorgeous, too!
Raspberry and Blue Spirulina Smoothie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 bananas (not frozen)
- 3 caps of blue spirulina
- Pour 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk into a blender. Blend with 1 fresh banana.
- Pour a little less than half of the banana almond milk smoothie into a cup.
- With the half of the smoothie still in the blender, add 1 cup of frozen raspberry. Blend until smooth, then pour the raspberry smoothie into a cup.
- Rinse the blender and pour the banana/almond milk smoothie back into the blender. Add 1 fresh banana and empty three spirulina caps into the blend. Blend until smooth.
- Layer the blue smoothie and the raspberry smoothie in a cup.