These carrot cake bars are packed with tons of vegetables, and oats and make a perfect breakfast or quick snack. This cake is dense, moist, and delightfully flavored with ginger, pecans, and cinnamon.
Rainbow Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats, pulsed a few times in a food blender
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rainbow carrots
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon ground chia seeds plus 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients: milk, chia egg, shredded carrots, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir them to combine.
- Pour the oat mixture into the baking dish and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Top the oatmeal mixture with chopped pecans and press them down lightly with your fingers.
- Bake this for 30 minutes, then remove it from oven and let it cool or 10-15 minutes before slicing.