A cheesy sauce that's perfect for all occasions! Drizzle it over roasted veggies, noodles for mac and cheese, pizza, or anything else you could think of!
Quick and Cheesy Uncheese Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Quick and Cheesy Uncheese Sauce [Vegan]
For the Cheese:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup water
For the Cheesy Baked Artichoke:
- 1 12-16-ounce bag of frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Cheese sauce above
How to Prepare Quick and Cheesy Uncheese Sauce [Vegan]
For the Cheese:
- In a small, microwave-safe mixing bowl blend tahini, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and miso with a fork or whisk.
- Add onion powder and optional vinegar or liquid smoke.
- Slowly whisk in water until smooth.Use a larger quantity of water for a less strong taste.
- Microwave for 1 minute.Whisk again before using.
- Serve over pasta, steamed veggies, as a dip or make this recipe below!
To Make the Cheesy Baked Artichoke:
- Use fresh or thaw bag of frozen artichoke hearts in the microwave.
- Cut 1/2 hearts into quarters.
- Place in 8”x8” baking dish or your favorite small casserole dish.
- Mix in cheese sauce above until all hearts are well covered.
- Top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F or until bread crumbs are lightly toasted and sauce is bubbly.
This recipe has been adapted from Jo Stepaniak’s 10th Anniversary Edition of The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 592 | Total Carbs: 103 g | Total Fat: 36 g | Total Protein: 33 g | Total Sodium: 1720 g | Total Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.