This extremely tasty recipe combines very unexpected ingredients for a dessert you will not be able to get enough of.
Pumpkin and Chickpea Flan [Vegan]
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 white onion
- 1 celery coast
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of flake food yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chopped organic lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- corn breadcrumbs to taste
- whole sea salt to taste
- tamari soy sauce to taste
- Brush the pumpkin under running water, pierce it with a long spit in several points until it reaches the heart. Place it in a paper bag and cook it in a hot oven at 375ºF for about 30-40 minutes (always do the toothpick test, entering it will have to enter without difficulty).
- Remove it from the oven, empty it from seeds and filaments and reduce to pulp and peel purée.
- Prepare a base with olive oil, celery carrot and chopped onion and fry over a gentle heat adding a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add chickpea and turmeric after a few minutes and let flavor briefly.
- Crush the mixture coarsely with a fork and add it to the pumpkin, sage thyme and finely chopped parsley leaves, lemon peel and 1 tablespoon of flake food yeast.
- Mix everything well, let it cool completely and add as much breadcrumbs as necessary to obtain a firm mixture. Add tamari soy sauce according to your taste.
- Brush a baking pan with 1 tablespoon of oil, fill it with the mixture and level it.
- Brush the surface with the remaining oil spoon, sprinkle with another spoon of baking powder in flakes and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with rosemary needles and bake in hot oven at 375ºF until golden brown.