Sometimes life and rainy days call for a delicious plate of crispy potatoes. If potatoes could be life changing, then these guys definitely would be. But either way, this is such a good side dish to have with curry or dal.
Potatoes With Curry Leaves and Turmeric [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
6, as a side dish
- 2.2 pounds of potatoes
- Roughly 50 fresh curry leaves (a small handful)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder or 1 tablespoon of grated fresh turmeric root
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil (or other oil of choice)
- Parboil the potatoes for approximately 8-10 minutes in boiling water. Allow to cool before cutting.
- Once cool, cut into 1/2-inch slices and combine in a large baking tray with all the other ingredients. Make sure the oil and turmeric is well spread between the potatoes.
- Bake at 400°F for around 1 hour or until the potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Allow to cool before eating. Don't forget to eat the crispy curry leaves!