You’ll probably agree that potato salad isn’t really a salad. It’s an entree. Making a wholesome vegan potato salad is easier than you might think.
Potato Salad With Green Herb Dressing [Vegan]
For vegan potato salad you’ll need:
- 1 pound small potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) rounds
- 1 cup cooked (or canned) black beans
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
For the green herb dressing you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped spring onions
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Heat water in a small saucepan, add 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt and cook potatoes for 6 – 9 minutes until they’re soft enough to slide in a fork easily. Be careful not to overcook them as they’ll be too mushy. When potatoes are ready, drain them and leave to cool down a bit.
- Make the dressing by placing all dressing’s ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust the taste and consistency (you can add more water for a more runny sauce).
- When the potatoes have cooled, mix them with bell pepper, celery and black beans.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and combine well. Garnish with some extra fresh parsley. And sprinkling on some vegan parmesan will add even more flavor!