These Poblano Breakfast Potatoes are perfect for lazy mornings. Chop ’em up, throw ’em in the oven, and 30-40 minutes later you’ll have a batch of scrumptious papas that will instantly rescue any grumpy heads in the house. You can also use them as an alarm clock because the smell of roasting poblanos will act like a magnet for any morning zombies still hibernating.
Poblano Breakfast Potatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 potatoes
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F. Give the potatoes and poblano a good rinse.
- Dice up the potatoes into bite-sized chunks, somewhere between 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch wide. Dice up the poblano and 1/2 onion into slightly smaller sized chunks (be sure to discard the poblano seeds.)
- In a mixing bowl combine the potatoes, poblano, 1/2 onion, 4 whole peeled garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. You can optionally add 1/2 teaspoon of hot chili powder.
- Spread the mixture into an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 30-40 minutes, stirring them at least once while they are baking.
- Take a final taste for seasoning. Serve immediately.