These savory waffles are the ultimate brunch-luxury. They combine the delectable herbal bouquet that only pizza can provide in the shape of a waffle – pretty amazing, right? These magical creations are crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside, and go great by themselves or with a little vegan yogurt sauce.
Pizza-Flavored Potato Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- .43 cups raw buckwheat groats, soaked
- .43 cups ounces millet, soaked
- 2 cups gluten-free jumbo oats
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon or less Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic or 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1.2 ounces oil-free sundried tomatoes, soaked
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- Soak the buckwheat and millet overnight. Wash and drain. The groats will absorb about 3.2 ounces of water.
- Pour the hot water over sun-dried tomatoes. Let them soak for at least 15 minutes. Heat oven to 425°F.
- Slightly grease the oven waffle forms – use a cooking brush or just your finger. Remember, just a tiny bit is needed. Place waffle forms on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Finely grate the potatoes, they should give you about 1 cup of grated potatoes. Drain and rinse the tomatoes, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Add them to all the other ingredients (except potatoes) in blender and blend the mixture until a homogeneous batter forms. Add your liquid gradually. Finally mix in (don’t blend) grated potatoes.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes. Divide the batter between waffle forms using a ladle.
- Bake waffles for 25 minutes, until you see they are quite firm and golden. Remove them from oven and let them cool for a bit. Then turn the waffles upside down on the baking sheet and let them cool almost completely. This should take about 20-30 minutes.
- When you touch the forms they should feel similar to your hand temperature. If they are too hot, it’ll be trickier to get them off nicely. Remove them from silicone form.
- Bake the waffles for another 10 minutes until they start to turn golden and then remove them from the oven.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1282 | Total Carbs: 246g | Total Fat: 21g | Total Protein: 44g | Total Sodium: 15mg | Total Sugar: 4g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile