All things considered, these don’t have a ton of sugar in them. The only source is the 6 medjool dates, which are divided into 9-12 energy bites. Because they have the benefit of added fiber, the sugar breaks down a little more gently in the body, as fiber slows the process of blood sugar spiking and crashing. They are refined sugar-free, containing just six ingredients: dates, almond butter, pistachios, sesame seeds, coconut oil and lime juice.
Pistachio, Sesame, Lime Energy Bites [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pistachio, Sesame, Lime Energy Bites [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 6 organic dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds (whichever colour you like)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
How to Prepare Pistachio, Sesame, Lime Energy Bites [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- Coarsely chop dates.
- Combine dates and almond butter in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add pistachios, sesame seeds, coconut oil and lime juice and continue blending until evenly combined.
- Roll batter into 1” balls.
Refrigerate whatever you don't eat right away. Good luck.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.