All things considered, these don’t have a ton of sugar in them. The only source is the 6 medjool dates, which are divided into 9-12 energy bites. Because they have the benefit of added fiber, the sugar breaks down a little more gently in the body, as fiber slows the process of blood sugar spiking and crashing. They are refined sugar-free, containing just six ingredients: dates, almond butter, pistachios, sesame seeds, coconut oil and lime juice.
Pistachio, Sesame, Lime Energy Bites [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 6 organic dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds (whichever colour you like)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Coarsely chop dates.
- Combine dates and almond butter in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add pistachios, sesame seeds, coconut oil and lime juice and continue blending until evenly combined.
- Roll batter into 1” balls.
Refrigerate whatever you don't eat right away. Good luck.