Chocolate covered candy bars made with crushed pistachios and salted caramel ... need we say more? These Mars Bars copycats taste just as good as the original but are healthier since they contain zero refined sugars or additives. Each layer takes only a few minutes to whip up and then simply need to be combined and coated in chocolate. Easy and delicious!
Pistachio Mars Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pistachio Mars Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 1 1/2 cups ground unsalted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Vegan dark chocolate
How to Prepare Pistachio Mars Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Start by making the salted caramel paste. Transfer 1/2 a cup of dates into a saucepan and add the water and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. On medium heat, stir until the dates are completely dissolved. Keep adding a little more water if the mixture is too dry. The final result should be a thick caramel like paste.
- Next add the ground pistachios and the remaining dates together with the cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt in to a food processor and mix for a few minutes until everything sticks together.
- Use the date-pistachio mix to form 5 bars using your hands. Spread the date paste on top and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow them to set.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and cover the bars. Put into the refrigerator again for about half an hour.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.