Peaches are the summer stars of all the season produce. Peaches smell intoxicating and they are always juicy and sweet and delicious. The down side of them is that they get ripe very, very fast. That is another reason I´m in love with galettes, they turn out delicious and gorgeous even with that over ripe produce you find in the back of your fridge. The crust is the easiest thing to do and it is handmade, no need for any special cooking appliance or fancy kitchen tool.
Perfect Peach Galette [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- 5 peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- For the crust, combine the flour, sugar and pinch of salt in a bowl. Gradually add coconut oil and mix with your hands until the consistency of wet sand is formed.
- When you are done adding all the oil and is well integrated with the powders begins to add the water a tablespoon by tablespoon. Add a tablespoon and mix with your hands, add the following, and so on until a ball of dough, that does not stick in your hands and it is easy to manage forms.
- Put it in the refrigerator while preparing peaches.
- Cut the peaches into wedges and put them in a bowl. Add the 2 tablespoons sugar and the vanilla, mix well.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and spread it on a silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper. Put the peaches in the center, leave one inch of dough without the peaches.
- Fold in the edges of the dough and cover the peaches. You can put an extra spoonful of sugar on the edges of the galette.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until you see the peaches are super soft and have a boiling syrup around them and the crust begins to brown.