Did you know that one cup of matcha tea has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of brewed green tea? It's true! While you can certainly make matcha tea and sip your way to wellness, you can also make yummy treats like these peppermint matcha truffles! Matcha and maca powders are combined with vanilla and peppermint extract, bound together with coconut oil, and then coated in dark chocolate. Yum! Energizing and delicious.
Peppermint Matcha Truffles [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- A pinch of sea salt
- Raw sugar-free chocolate, melted
- Put all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate, into a food processor.
- Blend until all are combined.
- Using your hands, mould the mixture into balls and press firmly. Rolling action won't work that well as the coconut will crumble, but if you press the mixture into ball shapes, it sticks together fine.
- If you find your mixture is a bit dry and isn't sticking, just add a little more coconut oil.
- Pop the balls into the freezer for 5 minutes while you melt the chocolate.
- Using a bain marie method, melt the chocolate and gently dunk each ball in, placing on a lined baking tray. Once all have been dunked, allow to set in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Keep in the freezer and allow to thaw for a couple of minutes before eating.