A mix of healthful ingredients come together to create a tasty treat. Quinoa, chia and oats = lots of filling fiber. Pure maple syrup = sweetness. Peanuts and dark chocolate = YUM! The chocolate peanut butter combo gives this treat an irresistible flavor and the quinoa gives it a satisfying crunch.
Peanut Butter Quinoa Bark [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 12 oz. dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place almond milk, peanut butter, and maple syrup in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Combine quinoa, oats, peanuts, and chia seeds together in a large bowl.
- Pour wet mixture overtop the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir everything together.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and use a spatula to spread everything out evenly. Press ingredients down so it is evenly spread and packed.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. The edges should be a slight golden color. If they are not, bake for an addition 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn to low heat once chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour chocolate overtop the quinoa and spread it out evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes so the chocolate can harden.
- Remove from the freezer. Use a dull knife and/or your hands to break the bark into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or the freezer until ready to serve.