You might be surprised to find that you probably have all of these ingredients in your pantry already (maybe minus the rice cereal) and can easily make these bars in about 2 minutes. You can even customize these to fit what you need. Don’t want to use maple syrup? That’s fine, swap for agave or super smooth date paste. Gluten free? There is gluten free rice cereal! Seriously, you can do almost anything and still have a tasty crispy treat waiting for you whenever you want.
Peanut Butter Protein Rice Krispies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 scoop protein powder (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 cups rice cereal
- Combine peanut butter, syrup, coconut oil, and extract in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and stir until smooth
- Add protein powder into peanut butter mixture and whisk until smooth
- In a large bowl add the rice cereal and peanut butter mixture. Stir well to combine
- Place rice cereal mixture into a 9×9 pan lined with tin foil and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into 9 squares. Store in the fridge!
- Peanut Butter