This Pad Thai turned out incredible! The secret is to add peanut butter to create a smooth a thick sauce that coats the noodles and gives tons of flavor. Tangy, salty, and slightly sweet. This Pad Thai sauce will quickly become you favorite go to sauce for noodles!
Peanut Butter Pad Thai [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter Pad Thai [Vegan]
For the Pad Thai:
- 1 Package of Chia and Rice Pasta (or 1/2 pound rice noodles)
- 2 large shallots – sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger – minced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cubed tofu
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons wet tamarind
- 3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Juice of 1/2 lime (or more to taste)
How to Prepare Peanut Butter Pad Thai [Vegan]
- Make the pad thai sauce. Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Adjust quantities of ingredients to taste
- Prepare your noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions. Strain and set aside
- In a large pan, head about 1 tablespoon olive oil and add in shallots. Saute until tender, then add in garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant. Add in the tofu and noodles and stir to combine. Finally, pour in the sauce and toss gently to mix.
- Remove from heat and add in cilantro and chopped peanuts
- Serve immediately
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.