These cookies are soft and chewy and full of peanut butter goodness. You are going to fall in love!
Peanut Butter Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups and 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. If desired, line a baking sheet with a silpat.
- In a small bowl, make a flax egg by combining flaxseed meal and water. Stir and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to sift ingredients together.
- Add the turbinado and brown sugars to the flour mixture. Whisk to combine.
- In another medium bowl combine wet ingredients, peanut butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract, stir.
- Add the flax egg to the peanut butter mixture and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll peanut butter cookie dough into balls about the size of a rounded tablespoon and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Gently press down peanut butter cookie dough ball with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on pan for at least 10-15 minutes before gently moving to a cooling rack, to prevent breaking.
- Let cookies cool completely and firm up before serving.
- Peanut Butter