Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Protein Bars are the perfect no-bake, dessert snack that's both nutritious and delicious.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars with Oats [Vegan]
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flax seed powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded coconut for garnish
- If you don't have roasted oats, quickly dry roast them for 2-3 minutes before starting the recipe.
- Then you need to soften the dates. For that, soak pitted dates in warm water for 10 minutes. It helps with the grinding.
- Drain the water from the dates and transfer it to the food processor. Also add chia seeds, salt, flax seed powder, and vanilla extract.
- Then add the peanut butter. This is what gives the peanut chikki flavor.
- Can make it in a food processor or a blender. Pulse till smooth.
- Then add the roasted oats to the processor. Pulse it again till it's all broken down and well combined.
- Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper to make these easy to remove from the pan later and transfer this mixture to it.
- Press down firmly with fingers or the back of a glass/bowl until the mixture is evenly spread and packed down.
- Melt some dark chocolate. Add little milk if needed. It should achieve a thick sauce consistency.
- Pour this chocolate sauce over the mixture.
- Spread the chocolate evenly by tilting the pan on all sides. Sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes so it sets. Take it out of the pan by pulling on the parchment paper.
- Evenly cut into the bars or squares using a sharp knife. Enjoy!