Cookies, a staple of the holiday diet, right? Well when you don’t eat dairy or gluten all those classics are off the table… or so you think. This vegan recreation of an old holiday favorite come out perfectly. The addition of molasses syrup gives these cookies a great depth of flavor.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water, stirred and allowed to sit 4 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Himalayan salt, for topping
- 1 bag of vegan dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a stand mixer, paddle attached, add all of your ingredients through vanilla. Blend until creamy.
- Using a small scoop, place the dough balls on your sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently pressed them down a bit to flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes then remove.
- As soon as you remove them, press the peanut butter cups into the center of each one. Allow to cool completely.