This may sound bizzare but try it! Cardamom and tahini are an excellent match, and the peach was a sweet, bright, pleasant addition.
Peach Tahini Cardamom Oatmeal With Toasted Coconut [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk of choice, or water, or peach juice
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1 small yellow peach (or half a large one), diced or cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon shredded and unsweetened coconut, for topping
- Bring liquid to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add diced peaches immediately, reserving some for topping if desired.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, cardamom, salt, and half of the tahini. Stir.
- While you wait, toast the coconut in a skillet over medium heat. (No oil needed.) It only takes a couple minutes and you should give it a shake a few times. Remove from heat when it starts turning golden brown.
- Back to the oatmeal: When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with remaining tahini, toasted coconut, and reserved diced peach.