This is simple and lovely galette recipe that uses fresh peaches and apples. You can change up the fruits to whatever is seasonal!
Peach Apple Galette [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons or vegan butter
- 2-4 tablespoons ice cold water (as needed)
- 3 peaches, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 apple, sliced into thin wedges
- Juice from 1/2 lime or lemon
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the Crust: Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Add the butter and mix until you get a coarse crumbly mixture. Add the ice water, one tablespoon at a time, stirring to combine. Add enough water until the dough is not too dry. Gently roll it into a ball without overworking the dough.
- Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper and place the dough ball in the center. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it’s about ¼-inch thick.
- For the Fruit Topping: Toss the fruits with lemon, cinnamon, maple syrup and thyme in a bowl.
- Assemble: Arrange the fruits in the center of the dough, overlapping each other about 1-inch short of the edge. Then fold the edge of the dough over the fruits and press gently to cover them. It’s supposed to look rustic, so don’t worry about the edges breaking or looking messy.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the edges are firm and golden brown. Enjoy it warm or let it cool completely and serve at room temperature.