This salad is the epitome of summer. A bright, fresh bowl full of lovely texture contrasts, crunchy nuts, soft fruit, crisp veggies. The peach brings the taste of summer, and the lime dressing punches it up with a touch of sweet and sour.
Fresh Summer Peach and Fennel Salad [Vegan]
- 1/2 of 1 fennel bulb
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage
- 8-10 snowpeas
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted
- 1 large peach
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
For the Dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons water, to thin
- Start by making the dressing. In a jar or bowl, combine the tahini, lime juice and zest, grated ginger, sesame oil, and maple syrup. Whisk together and then add the water one teaspoon at a time until you get a nice runny consistency.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, finely shred the fennel and the purple cabbage. Remove the tops of the snowpeas and slice vertically into long strips. Thinly slice the spring onion, both the white and red parts. Halve and pit the peach then thinly slice. Roughly chop the coriander.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the cut vegetables, the coriander, and the roasted peanuts. Add the dressing then toss to combine. Serve immediately.