A pakora is a fried vegetable snack originating from India. Chickpea flour is used to create the crispy coating, making these spinach fritters deliciously gluten-free!
Palak Pakoras (Spinach Fritters) [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oil, to deep fry
- Mix the chickpea flour with the chili powder, asafetida, cumin, and salt.
- Add the chopped spinach and just enough water to make a thick batter. The consistency should be such that you should be able to make rough round balls with the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Make small golf ball-sized dumplings with the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Turn the pakoras over after 1-2 minutes.
- Fry until golden brown and transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve hot with pickles, chutney, or ketchup.