These baked donuts are the perfect addition to your winter dessert or breakfast menu! These donuts are super simple to make and are loaded with fresh cranberries and tonnes of yummy orange goodness!
Orange Cranberry Doughnuts [Vegan]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons dairy-free milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 4 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
To Make the Orange Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- Orange zest for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax with warm water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk, orange juice, melted coconut oil, flax egg, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner cut off, and pipe into a greased donut pan.
- Don’t over fill the wells, pipe around one circle in each well.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the donuts comes out clean and the donuts spring back when touched.
- Allow donuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and continue to cool on a cooling rack.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and stir until fully combined. You may need to add a bit more milk if too thick, or some more icing sugar if too thin.
- Dip cooled donuts into the glaze.
- Sprinkle some more orange zest onto the tops of the donuts (optional).
Allow glaze to set before stacking donuts on top of each other or transporting.