Curries are simply a category of dishes made with a mix of savory spices. While you can make your own curry powder, it’s easy to find in the spice section at most grocery stores. Keep it on-hand to whip up a quick dish. Just a little bit adds a ton of flavor! This curry makes an excellently filling meal and comes together easily!
One-Pot Lentil Curry [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for One-Pot Lentil Curry [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced or 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed (red or brown)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) unsweetened
- 1 lime, juiced or 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
How to Prepare One-Pot Lentil Curry [Vegan]
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add curry powder and let cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add garlic, onions, green apple, ginger and cilantro, saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except lime juice. Once beginning to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice and puree using an immersion blender. If too thick, add 1-2 tablespoon of additional soy milk.
- Enjoy topped with red pepper flakes, cilantro, pepitas or shredded coconut.
If you don't have an immersion blender, let soup cool and transfer to a blender to puree. The color of your curry will depend on the color of lentils used.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Lentil Curry
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 244 | Carbs: 39 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 111 mg | Sugar: 9 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.