This banoffee takes truly one bowl and is so delicious! Must try!
One-Bowl Banoffee [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 10 Biscuits
- 3 tablespoons Dairy-free spread
- 2 scoops Non-dairy ice cream
- Walnuts– optional handful
For the biscuit base:
- Add three tablespoons of dairy-free spread to a saucepan.
- Melt the spread over a low heat.
- Select a vegan biscuit to use and add about 10 of those into a sandwich bag. You can also add a small handful of walnuts if you’re fancy and you fancy. Make sure you zip up the bag once everything’s inside.
- Take a rolling pin and hit the sandwich bag until the biscuits are crushed into a fine crumb, and any anger is resolved.
- Add the biscuit crumb to the melted spread and combine.
- Choose two nice bowls and divide the mixture between them. Press the base down with a spoon to compress it all together.
- Pop the bowls in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set the base. If you’re in a real rush you can put them into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
For the banana/caramel layer:
- While the base sets, make the caramel sauce. Add 1/2 cup brown demerara sugar to a saucepan
- Heat the sugar on a low heat, stirring often, for a few minutes. It will turn a darker brown color.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk. In an ideal world, you only want the thick white stuff you’ll find at the top of the tin. Add the coconut milk to the brown sugar and continue to stir over the heat for a minute or two.
- At this point, you can stir in a teaspoon of sea salt if you would like to make salted caramel, then turn the heat off.
- Cut a large banana into slices, and lay these on top of the set bases in the bowls. Leave some extra slices of banana to the side to decorate later – protect these extra slices from hungry kitchen intruders.
- If you would like a slightly thicker, more gooey caramel, you can add the caramel sauce to the bowls now, and put them back in the fridge for an extra 30 mins. The other option is saving the caramel as a warm sauce to pour on the top.
- Once the base has set (and the caramel layer has cooled, if you added it), spoon on a big scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
- Pour over the warm caramel sauce, if you didn’t already add it.
- Decorate with the banana slices you kept to the side, and some broken up walnuts if you’re using them.