These Spicy Buffalo Tofu Wings are SO GOOD. As in, you might eat the whole batch in one sitting. But that's ok - just make two if you want to share. They are super healthy and absolutely delicious. Perfect for most dietary restrictions too! They're pretty spicy, so substitute some of the hot sauce for water if you are sensitive to spiciness.
Oil-Free Spicy Buffalo Tofu Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
32 wings (2 wings per-serving)
- 1 block tofu
- 1/3 cup hot buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed into 1 tablespoon water
- Cut drained tofu into 32 equal-sized pieces, and place in large mixing bowl.
- Pour in hot sauce, sprinkle cornstarch over tofu, and toss gently until evenly coated and no dry cornstarch is visible.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat (or spray a non-non-stick frying pan with cooking spray).
- Cook tofu for 3-4 minutes (until bottom is golden brown), flip, and cook the other side for an additional 3 minutes.
- While tofu is cooking, preheat oven to 425°F, line baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Whisk all additional coating ingredients in saucepan and heat over medium heat. Allow thickening until desired consistency is reached (I did 3 minutes) stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- When tofu is cooked, place back in a large mixing bowl, add in 1/2 of the additional coating mixture, and stir.
- Place tofu on a prepared baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven, coat with remaining additional coating. and serve with vegan ranch dressing, if desired.