Avocadoes are magic. The combination of the fatty avocado, acidic tomatoes, and garlic make for a yummy and savory dish! This tastes so fresh with the lemon juice and arugula.
Oil-Free Avocado Pesto Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Oil-Free Avocado Pesto Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove(s)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2-pound dry gluten-free pasta
- 3 1/2-ounces arugula
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Steamed Peas
How to Prepare Oil-Free Avocado Pesto Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add avocado, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, and salt to a food processor and process them into a smooth avocado cream. Optionally, you can mash the avocado with a fork and use 1 teaspoon garlic powder (that's the lazy option).
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta, throw it back into the pot and combine with avocado pesto.
- Serve in a bowl together with arugula, fresh tomatoes, and basil. Steamed peas and dried tomatoes also go very well with this dish. Make sure to try this combo!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.