Avocadoes are magic. The combination of the fatty avocado, acidic tomatoes, and garlic make for a yummy and savory dish! This tastes so fresh with the lemon juice and arugula.
Oil-Free Avocado Pesto Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove(s)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2-pound dry gluten-free pasta
- 3 1/2-ounces arugula
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Steamed Peas
- Add avocado, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, and salt to a food processor and process them into a smooth avocado cream. Optionally, you can mash the avocado with a fork and use 1 teaspoon garlic powder (that's the lazy option).
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta, throw it back into the pot and combine with avocado pesto.
- Serve in a bowl together with arugula, fresh tomatoes, and basil. Steamed peas and dried tomatoes also go very well with this dish. Make sure to try this combo!