This delightfully nutty oat and seed bread is delicious and filled with nutrient-rich ingredients. Flax seeds and chia seeds pack a healthy kick in this bread! Serve it for breakfast with some almond butter, lunch with avocado or chickpea salad, or really, whenever you need bread. Which is anytime!
Oat and Seed Bread [Vegan, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Oat and Seed Bread [Vegan, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon psyllium seed husks
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups water
How to Prepare Oat and Seed Bread [Vegan, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free]
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the water and oil, stir well to combine. Scoop into a loaf pan and push down on the dough evenly.
- Leave aside for one or two hours for the psyllium, chia, flax seeds and oats do their magic.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pop the loaf into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf, flip upside down and bake on the rack for another 30-45 minutes, or until golden and crispy on the outside.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 2152 | Carbs: 207g | Fat: 127g | Protein: 65g | Sodium: 605mg | Sugar: 4gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.