This delightfully nutty oat and seed bread is delicious and filled with nutrient-rich ingredients. Flax seeds and chia seeds pack a healthy kick in this bread! Serve it for breakfast with some almond butter, lunch with avocado or chickpea salad, or really, whenever you need bread. Which is anytime!
Oat and Seed Bread [Vegan, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon psyllium seed husks
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups water
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the water and oil, stir well to combine. Scoop into a loaf pan and push down on the dough evenly.
- Leave aside for one or two hours for the psyllium, chia, flax seeds and oats do their magic.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pop the loaf into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf, flip upside down and bake on the rack for another 30-45 minutes, or until golden and crispy on the outside.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!