These bars taste like a cross between a granola bar and banana bread. They’ve got that soft banana bread texture to them that make it feel like you’re eating a treat, especially combined with the chocolatey-ness from the cacao and sweetness from the bananas and dates. The quinoa and oats will keep you full and going, as will the good fats from the chia seeds and tahini. As a snack, it really packs a punch!
Nut-Free Chocolate and Banana Bars [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Nut-Free Chocolate and Banana Bars [Vegan]
- 6 dates
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, packed
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
How To Make Nut-Free Chocolate and Banana Bars [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 320ºF and line or grease a baking tin. The size of the tin can vary, but be sure to keep an eye out for cooking times if yours is large and shallow.
- Pit the dates and place them in a bowl with 100ml hot water for 5 minutes to soften them. Once softened, drain the dates and reserve the water.
- Mash the banana and dates with a fork until they becomes a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, combine your paste with the coconut oil, tahini, cinnamon, cacao, salt and reserved date water.
- Stir in the oats and quinoa until they are fully coated and tip onto the lined or greased tin, levelling out the top with a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into bars.
Will keep in the fridge for about 4 days, but can also be frozen.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
excellent protein bars! I added vanilla, coconut and walnuts ….