When it comes to Latin American cooking adobo is the not-so-secret seasoning you can never go wrong with. It's a dry rub that is used in a majority of dishes. While it is traditionally used to flavor meat, you can apply it to tofu, tempeh, seitan, and even vegetables — and because it's made from a blend of common household spices, you can easily make your own, without the salt!
No-Salt Adobo Seasoning [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Combine all ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Store mixture in an airtight glass jar until ready to use.